5th Grade Distance Learning Plan
- Attendance is required. Attendance will be taking DAILY. This will be done through Google Meet and Google Classroom. Your child will need to be on Mrs. Panka’s live Google Meet daily and Mr. Hennen will have daily questions that must be answered on that day for attendance.
- If a child misses so many days, we are required to report the absences to the county.
- Daily Instruction
- Lessons will be given daily. Mr. Hennen will be recording videos and you can watch them at your convenience, and he will also have an office hour from 10:30-11:30 for 5th Grade and 12:30-1:30 for 6th Grade if your student needs to video chat with questions on the daily assignments. Mrs. Panka will go live on Google Meet Monday-Friday from 9:30-10:30 for 6th grade and 1:30-2:30 for 5th grade. In order for students to get on Google Meet, students will click the link that was sent to their school gmail from Mrs. Panka and/or Mr. Hennen. All assignments will be posted on Google Classroom. Mrs. Panka will send parents/guardians an email with what the plan is for the students for the day.
- We will be using Google Meet and Google Classroom Monday-Friday.
- The subjects that the students will be completing Monday-Friday are
- Social Studies
- Office Hours
- Mr. Hennen will have office hours daily from 10:30-11:30 for 5th Grade and 12:30 - 1:30 for 6th Grade.
- Mrs. Panka will be available daily during her Google Meet times along with having access to her email during the day and into the night. This is a great time to ask any questions that you may have.
- Feel free to contact us throughout the day. We will do our best to be available as much as possible. We know this is a crazy time, and we will do our best to accommodate everyone.
- Every Monday there will be a drop off and a pick up at the school. Please return any worksheets given in the week. Please make sure your child’s name is on the worksheets and is returned in the file folder provided.
- Please ask if you have any questions. Communication is going to be key during distance learning.
Please remember that we are learning throughout this process as well. There are things we may have not thought of. Please contact us if something isn’t making sense. Our goal is to make this as simple as possible. We will try our best to make accommodations that work for everyone.
Mr. Hennen and Mrs. Panka